Friday, December 13, 2013

Labels

Today, it is quite an ordeal for me right now.  I am at "Always Brewing Cafe." They are closing and her I sit, typing my blog.  I am pretty exciting about the things I want to write about although I am not ready to put all these things on paper.  There is so much going on in my head.  I don't think it is delusional things although it is possible.  Being a Psychotherapist I am not ready to label myself with a diagnosis.  Labels aren't a good thing anyway, they can be distracting to the point of making a mountain out of a mole hill.  You can do that to yourself.  Once labeled and maybe not genuine then you can really put yourself in a situation that perhaps you could have escaped.  For example, you may have been diagnosis ed as having Depressive disorder.  When that occurred the therapist told you at the time, John Doe, "you have a Depressive Disorder know as, "Seasonal Depression."

No comments:

Post a Comment